As a veteran yoga practitioner, Joey guides her students through a process of deep reflection by using the physical body to explore the energetic body. Her classes will take you on a spiritual journey and leave you feeling energized, yet calm.
Joey regularly teaches public and private Vinyasa flow classes in Southern California. She also taught teens at Crossroads High School in Santa Monica, CA. In addition to teaching yoga, Joey has been a leader in environmental issues over the last decade through her work as a water resources consultant and community philanthropist. Joey supports nonprofits such as The ThirstProject, NextAid, and the Cancer Support Community by donating yoga classes to these causes. She is a Manduka Ambassador, and published author on Elephant Journal. Her experience practicing yoga in Australia, Croatia, Italy, Canada, and teaching yoga in Rome, Italy at Odaka Yoga Contemporaneo affirm her dedication to teaching yoga in other countries to build a global yogic community.
Joey is a 500-hr National Yoga Alliance Certified Yoga Instructor, CPR/AED Certified for Infant, Child, and Adult, holds a M.S. in Environmental Policy and Planning from California State University, Fullerton and B.A. in Environmental Studies from UC Santa Barbara.
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world” – Mahatma Gandhi
• Better Living Yoga, Aliso Viejo. http://www.betterlivingyoga.com/
• Yogaworks, Westwood. http://www.yogaworks.com
• Bodies in Motion, Century City. http://www.bodiesinmotion.com
• Naam Yoga, Santa Monica. http://www.naamyoga.com
• Yoga Collective, Santa Monica. http://www.yogaco.com
• Playa Vista, Private Group class.
• Shopzilla, Corporate Class.
• Pepperdine University, Malibu.
• Private Instruction.
• Surya Yoga, Venice.
• Odaka Yoga Contemporaneo, Rome, Italy (September 2010).
• Crossroads School for Arts and Sciences (5/2010-6/2010).
• Elephant Journal. Regularly Published Author, including “Hit on the Head – a Story of Compassion”. Available online: http://www.elephantjournal.com/2011/08/hit-on-the-head-a-story-of-compassion–joey-soto/